After spending the long weekend in Vancouver this past weekend as I turned yet another year older, I’ve come to realize a couple things. Like, how much I rely on coffee to get me through the day or that my cat is arguably my best friend.
Here are a few other things that I have learned, come to realize, etc. in the past twenty seven years…
- Sunglasses, bright lipstick and a great necklace look good with any outfit.
- Life is too short to not take risks.
- Buy less, choose well.
- Wash your face every night, even if you’re tired.
- Life will still go on even though no new Doctor Who episodes will air this year.
- Cat videos cure all of life’s problems.
- Coffee is always the answer, but I could also say the same for wine.
- I hate doing the laundry.
- Be you, even if other people think you’re weird.
- Eyeshadow primer will save your life.
- It’s ok to have a wardrobe made completely out of black. Bring it on Morticia Addams.
- Always invest in a great pair of shoes. Your feet will thank you.
- Surround yourself with people who pull you up not push you down.
- Dry shampoo is the best thing ever.
- I’ll never get sick of the Backstreet Boys, N’Sync or the Spice Girls. Deal with it.
- Reach out/talk to strangers…you just might surprise yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Make time to read a good book.
- Chase after your dreams, even if it scares you.
- I need time to process decisions or changes to plans.
- Tea is sometimes just as good as coffee.
- There’s always room for desert.
- It’s ok to get another year older…it only makes you wiser.
- You’re never too old to wear scrunchies or to jump in puddles when it rains.
- There’s always room to explore new things.
- You wont find me without at least 3 tubes of lipstick in my purse.
- Being a wedding photographer is the best job ever!
Thank you to all the amazing people in my life who made turning twenty-seven that much more special. xo