Back in March, Omar and I made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding. It was such a heartbreaking decision to make, but looking back, I know we made the right decision.
I have sat down to write this post many times, only to find myself not knowing what to say. Did we make the right decision? Should we have just waited it out like everyone else? We have been waiting for this day for a long time (cue in the 2.5 year engagement) and had a hard time making the decision to push it back even further.
Some people thought we were crazy making a decision so early on, but with almost half our guest list being from out-of-country (and with new/changing information multiple times a day), we just didn’t feel right moving forward with our original plans. And we are so grateful and feel so lucky to have such an AMAZING creative team who have been nothing but gracious, thoughtful and helpful during these difficult times.
We had a few discussions about eloping, but in the end decided we would much rather celebrate the real deal with our friends and family. We are still waiting until February to determine our official change-of-date with our venue, and are focusing on seeing this as a positive…hellllo more time to plan!
We want to thank our friends, family + vendors for being so understanding. You have helped make this decision easier and we can’t wait to celebrate our wedding with you all!
Be safe + wash your hands.
Much Love + Appreciation,